[Glass] Swazoo server hangs

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Fri Nov 1 13:12:51 PDT 2013

See https://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/GLASSDaemonTools and
https://github.com/Monty/GemStone_daemontools_setup for an application of this.

>> Can you use the FastCGI server which I think was officially supported for 2.4?  As far as I know Zinc works on 2.4 and people use it in production, but others would be better able to address its suitability. As a test you could add a Zinc and/or FastCGI server or two to your pool of 4 Swazoo servers and see if things change for the better.
>
> We initially used FastCGI but then switched to Hyper and then Swazoo,
> simply because it was easier for us to debug as we can use something
> like curl to do a get and see what the server pops up. I suppose that
> if fast cgi has some nice tools to talk to the GS FastCGI server it
> would be as good. But don't you like the simplicity of talking HTTP
> all the way through? Why must FastCGI be better?

FastCGI eliminates much of HTTP's verboseness, it is a binary protocol
specifically aimed at (reverse-proxy)<->(app-server) setups.
 I can confirm that this setup works _really_ well for GLASS

Best
	-Tobias