[Glass] GC and how to make it successful in the first run ...

itlists at schrievkrom.de itlists at schrievkrom.de
Mon Nov 11 14:05:41 PST 2013

Hey,

I'm doing my first simple steps in Gemstone in a VirtualBox machine with
around 50 GB of space and I noticed that my disc space is vanishing away
very fast.

I have never been able to reduce the size of my extent0.dbf - it's
getting larger and larger ... and I'm doing always the same task:

importing large amount of data and store it in a class variable of
a class. Because I overwrite the data with the next run I would expect,
that the extent may stay at one size (if I do the GC in a correct way).

I tried "SystemRepository markForCollection" or "SystemRepository
reclaimAll" - butr nothing worked.

Therefore the question: how is it done simply and correctly ?

Marten