[Glass] How to load Seaside-Zinc in GLASS?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 12:54:24 PST 2013

Hi guys. I tried all different ways and I could get Seaside-Zinc loaded in
GLASS.

In Pharo, the way I load seaside from my conf is:

spec
project: 'Seaside' with: [
spec
className: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
loads: #('Core' 'Zinc');
file: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main'
].

I thought the same would work in GemStone.

First problem is that it doesn't load Seaside-Zinc.

Second, why it loads Zinc 1.1 in ConfigurationOfSeaside3 version 3.0.8 if
ConfigurationOfZincHttpComponents #stable says that for gemstone it is
2.4.3 ??? Any particular reason?

Finally, if I force this script to try to load Seaside-Zinc:

Metacello new
  configuration: 'Seaside3';
  repository: '
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main' ;
  version: '3.0.8';
  record: #('Core' 'Zinc' 'Zinc-Seaside').

then.... final problem is that it loads LAST version of Zinc-Seaside
instead of the version it should load...and of course, that version of
Zinc-Seaside (last) does not work with the loaded Zinc 1.1....

so...anyway can load Zinc+Zinc-Seaside sucessfully? I am using GemStone
3.0.1.4

Thanks in advance,