[Glass] Debugging from Seaside. Sometimes OK, sometimes hung

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Wed Nov 13 11:04:56 PST 2013

----- Original Message -----

Okay, I brought up seaside using the zinc adaptor and went to the http://localhost:4343/tests/functional/WAFlowErrorFunctionalTest page and click on `Raise Error link and I get a Seaside stack in the web browser ... When I click on the Debug link I get a walkback opened in my client ... So let's see if that works for you ..

When the debbuger opens up directly in GemTools, that means that you have a hit an error that is outside the Seaside "application stack" which means that it is a Seaside infrastructure error or a Zinc error (or whatever web server you happen to be using) ... When the debug stack shows up in the web browser, that means you have hit an error that is within your seaside application and the seaside error handling facility is invoked ... you have a number of options for dealing with Seaside errors in GemStone[1]. Each of the different error handlers has different characteristics ...

The set handler field on the Error page tells you which error handler you are currently using, so I will be interested to know which one is set for you. If the debugger opens correctly from the error page, then I'll need to learn more about your specific error that causes the hang ...

[1] https://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/Seaside30ErrorHandlers

| the GemClient hungs. I can interrupt GemStone but nothing happens.
| And after sime time I get a

| 'Network error - text follows: , from GciAstFailureNetwork partner
| has disconnected.'
There might actually be a crash involved here and it is worth checking the gem log file for errors ... you should be able to find the gem log in /opt/gemstone/log ... look at the most recent gemnet*.log file and see if there is an error stack there ...