[Glass] Basic questions regarding GemBuilder for Smalltalk, GemTools, and tODE

Johan Brichau johan at yesplan.be
Wed Nov 13 15:19:22 PST 2013

Hi Mariano,

We should team up.
Some time ago, I started the following repository: https://github.com/jbrichau/PharoCompatibility

It currently only contains a port of the TextConverters from Pharo but GLASS is missing a lot of text encoders/decoders that can be found in Pharo.
I intend to move our compatibility package we have in Yesplan also to this package, but I need to be a bit selective since some patches we made were only made to work for us.

Some stuff we did in the past was already integrated into GLASS or in this repository: http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/PharoCompat.html

My proposal would be to put all these compatibility packages into the github repository. From there, we can eventually make that package part of GLASS itself.

I'm busy as always, but I should be able to extract our Yesplan-integrated-Gemstone-Extensions to this repository asap.

What do you think?

Johan