[Glass] loading seaside and zinc

Otto Behrens otto at finworks.biz
Thu Nov 14 02:04:41 PST 2013

Hi,

I cloned github.com/glassdb/glass, github.com/glassdb/zinc and
github.com/glassdb/Seaside30.

I'm now trying to load seaside from the cloned filetree repo and have
trouble with the loading of Zinc.

It's trying to load Zinc-HTTP-SvenVanCaekenberghe.162 because this is
derived from the #stable blessing in
ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents, specified as "#gemstone version:
'1.1'".

Is this correct? The current stable for pharo is 2.4.3. This GS one is
then a bit old, isn't it?

What would be nice is if BaselineOfSeaside30 uses
ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents to get it's stuff whereas I've got a
local clone of glassdb/zinc and would prefer to use
BaselineOfZincHTTPComponents. If I understand this, the "version"
checked out in the git repo is then loaded.

Anyway, my mission right now is just to get a working Zinc client
loaded into GS 2.4.4.4 (because seaside loads it and we also use it to
do HTTP to the outside world.

Any help / ideas will be welcome.

Thanks
Otto