[Glass] Jade - local monticello repositories -no new revisions possible ...

James Foster james.foster at gemtalksystems.com
Thu Nov 14 05:20:51 PST 2013

Martin,

Jade does attempt to be somewhat “clever” and if it thinks that the package has not been modified then it will not let you edit the version number. You can save the package to a different repository, but not to the same one. Sometimes things are changed in the package but Jade didn’t notice. Some possible paths:

(1) A work-around is to make a trivial edit to some method (add a space to the end of a line), and see if the package is marked dirty. If so, then the save process should allow a new version.

(2) Figure how how the package changed without Jade noticing and let me know and I’ll fix it. If the package has changed, then Jade should recognize it!

(3) Remove the “feature” of not letting you modify the version of an unmodified package. If you want to be able to change the version on an unmodified package, let me know the reason/use case and we can tell Jade to relax.

Thanks again for trying things out and giving me a chance to address the issues.

James