[Glass] loading seaside and zinc

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 12:45:39 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Johan Brichau <johan at yesplan.be> wrote:

> Paul, Otto,
>
> Instructions for installing Zinc on Gemstone are on github:
> https://github.com/glassdb/zinc
> I don't think the changes for Gemstone are/can be backported to main Zinc,
> so for Gemstone you always need to use the github repo.
>
> The current version of Zinc for Gemstone is also 2.4.3. We did an effort
> some months ago but the server functionality has not been tested.
> Fwiw, I also still am using Zinc 1.7 in production but I am now moving
> 2.4.3 to our staging setup.
>
> The ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents does not refer to this repo.
> I can see Paul's changes in the commit log in the main Zinc repo, but does
> this final version of the config really work for you? Because the
> referenced packages are not in any repo that is referenced from that
> configuration.
>
> Let me know if the instructions on github are incomplete.
> And yes, we need to fix the configuration in main repo to make it load
> from github, otherwise there is too much confusion.

Hi Johan,

I am starting to use Zinc-Seasider (which I guess is under what you mention
as "server functionality") and I've been having some problems. They could
be because I am still learning GemStone or becuase there is indeed
something wrong.
So...I want to test with another seaside adaptor to see if there is a
different. My GemStone is still running locally because I am still porting
my app there. So...besides Zinc, which is the easiest web adaptor to use
with GemStone? Also, if you have some doc on how to use it, I would be very
happy. I would like to avoid any none-smalltalk web server for the
moment....(unless the conf files were very easy)... so I guess the only
option left is WAGsSwazooAdaptor ?

Thanks in advance,