[Glass] loading seaside and zinc

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Thu Nov 14 15:57:12 PST 2013

----- Original Message -----

| |

> [...]
| | |
| |

| | |
| |

| | |
| |

| | |
| |

| | |
| |

| | |
| |

| | |
| |

| | |
| |

| | | Cool. I will try with that and come back once I have experimented
| | | bit.
| |

| | Weird.... I tried that... my transcript prints:
|

| | ---restart Seaside gems (11/14/2013 15:06:48)
|
| | Restarting Gems...
|
| | Stopping Gems...
|
| | No PID file found for gem on port 8787, not running?
|
| | Stopping maintenance gem PID 62592
|
| | /opt/gemstone/product/seaside/bin/runSeasideGems30: line 55: kill:
| | (62592) - No such process
|
| | Starting Gems....
|
| | Starting Swazoo gem on port 8787
|
| | Starting maintenance gem
|

| | ---Finished Seaside gems restart (11/14/2013 15:06:51)
|

| | And if I browse localhost:8787 i get a download popup!! I download
| | the file, open it with a text editor and it shows:
|

| | 0Incorrect FCGI version. Expected: 1 Received: 71

This implies that you are not connecting to swazoo ... and implies that a fastcgi gem was already listening on 8787 ... if you were using 8787 from gemtools, then there is possibly a process there listening ... logging in/out of gemtools will get rid of any rogue listeners ... doing a:

ps -efw | grep TCP
ps -efw | grep topaz

will help you find gemstone gems (the first case) and gemstone topaz processes that might be running (the TCP grep will find pgsvrmain processes as well but you can ignore them ... its the gem TCP guys that you are looking for). You should have one gem for each GemTools login and you may have a topaz running as a maintenance gem and then multiple topazs running as web servers ...

| | I have no luck with seaside adaptors this week :(

| | |
| |

| | |
| |

| | |
| |

| | | (WAGsZincAdaptor port: 8888) start.
| |

| | |
| |

| | | What I did is I loaded latest GLASS and Metacello and then I did:
| |

| | | Metacello new
| |

| | | baseline: ' Zinc ';
| |

| | | repository: 'github://glassdb/ zinc :gemstone3.1/repository';
| |

| | | load: 'Tests'.
| |

| | | Metacello new
| |

| | | configuration: 'Seaside3';
| |

| | | repository:
| |

| | | ' http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main
| | | ';
| |

| | | version: '3.0.9';
| |

| | | load: #('Core' ' Zinc -Seaside')
| |

| | | But one of my problems with Zinc might be the "expected" behavior
| | | in
| | | GemStone. I paste what I have asked today in another thread:
| |

| | | Another question....maybe weird.... when I launch zinc like this:
| |

| | | (WAGsZincAdaptor port: 8888) start.
| |

| | | I do it as a "do it" in the GemClient workspace. When I do that,
| | | the
| | | UI is not responsive anymore and the gemstone cursor appears. It
| | | only goes away when I manually interrupt it of i a debugger
| | | comes.
| | | When that happens... the zinc server is down !! So I have to
| | | re-start zinc after each debug? I can imagine that maybe this is
| | | because Zinc was started from a Gem or something in my GemClient
| | | and
| | | when I interrupt that I might be kick off or something and cleans
| | | what I did...
| |

| | | So I wonder, is this the correct way to run the web adaptor? Or I
| | | have to run the adaptor inside a transaction (so that I could
| | | remain
| | | after):
| |

| | | MCPlatformSupport commitOnAlmostOutOfMemoryDuring: [
| |

| | | (WAGsZincAdaptor port: 8888) start.
| |

| | | ]