[Glass] Alternatives for HTTPS client

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 07:28:39 PST 2013

Hi guys. I need a HTTPS client to do a post. Actually, my app need to
connect to many "financial institutions" though a protocol. I have a
collection of financial institutions (stored in my database) and each of
them provides the URL I need to connect and do the post. Some are HTTPS
some are HTTP.

In Pharo, I use Zodiac. The nice thing is that by using ZnClient I can
either connect to HTTP and HTTPS. I do this:

| client |
client := ZnClient new.
client
systemPolicy;
accept: 'application/xxx' asZnMimeType ;
https;
contents: stream contents;
logToTranscript;
url: aStringURL;
post.
What are the workarounds I could do in GemStone?

Thanks in advance,