[Glass] Very weird compilation errors!

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 09:39:55 PST 2013

Hi guys,

I am loading yet another one of my packages in Glass and I am having a
weird compilation error. To avoid any side effect, I started with a clean
backup with just Metacello and GLASS.

To start with....it shows lots of requires classes, which are not true!!!
those classes are from the package I want to load itself and also, they are
NOT being referenced from any place yet.

I attach screenshots of each step..

OK... I proceed anyway...

Second... I get a popup saying:   'The following definitions had errors
while loading.  Press Proceed to try to load them again (they may work on a
second pass):
  OFXBuyDebt class>>enclosingTag
  OFXMarginInterest>>currency:
  OFXRetOfCap>>subAcctFund
  OFXInvestmentAccount class>>xmlMappings
  OFXConstants class>>tferAction
'

What do they method have strange? no idea... OK, I continue...

Third problem, it barks about compilation errors which are quite weird...
The SOURCE to compile looks ok (although it has some white space AFTER the
quote!), but the errorString shows something very weird...

There is definitively something wrong. What does this package has in
particular?
- Sometimes (for example, once), the package could load successfully. So I
think it might depend on the order methods or classes or something gets
loaded/compiled?
- I loaded it from Monticello with a directory-based repo, committed from
Pharo (I already loaded this way other packages and no problem)
- It has lots of methods with literal arrays like this:

xmlMappings
^ {
{#invAcctFrom . #invAccountFrom. nil }.
{#inveIncTran. {
{#inveDtStart . #start. #datetime. }.
 {#inveDtEnd . #end. #datetime. }.
{#include . #includeTransactions. #boolean. }.
} }.
{#inveIncludeOpenOrders. #includeOpenOrders. #boolean. }.
{#inveIncPos . {
{#inveDateAsOf . #positionsAsFor. #datetime. }.
{#include . #includePositions. #boolean. }.
 } }.
{#inveIncBal . #includeBalances. #boolean. }.
}

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,