[Glass] Very weird compilation errors!

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Fri Nov 15 10:10:07 PST 2013

Okay,

I'm going to guess that your package has been infected with a WideString Ii.e., you've got some Unicode strings embedded in a comment or your source) ... This is a fundamental problem with Monticello ...

Of course, if you have stored you packages into FileTree from Pharo, then all of the source should be in Utf8 on disk and that will eliminate the WideString from suspicion...

Looking at wierd3, It strikes me that the errorString is complaining about 45 characters worth of illegal characters and the bulk of the illegal characters look to be embedded in the whitespace between `enclosingTag` and `^ OFXConstants buyDebt` do I'd like to see the character values of the whitespace ...

Dale