[Glass] Simple questions while migrating code to GemStone (compatibility issues)

Johan Brichau johan at yesplan.be
Fri Nov 15 10:59:47 PST 2013

Dale, Mariano,

Indeed we need to sync :-)

Especially because I now realise that I have not been consistent. I added the packages Gettext and OrderPreservingDictionary to the Pharocompat repository [1] as Dale suggested a couple of years back (but most of the other packages I never touched -- they are included in GLASS).

The reason I started the PharoCompatibility repository [2] on github was actually more motivated by the fact that github is more convenient for working together on a single code base (using pull requests, travis etc.) and the fact that I wanted a good place to host code to improve on the 'develop in Pharo, deploy in Gemstone' experience. I was not sure if that would need to be in GLASS directly.

I'm more in favour of using a github repository (a new one would be fine too) but I guess it depends if we want the code to be in GLASS immediately or as an add-on. The latter would be feasible but I'm guessing Dale is not quite ready to include github-hosted repositories in the GLASS codebase.

What are your opinions?

[1] http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/PharoCompat.html
[2] https://github.com/jbrichau/PharoCompatibility