[Glass] loading seaside and zinc

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 14:34:19 PST 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Johan Brichau <johan at yesplan.be> wrote:

> Seems like the requestUrlFor: methode override on WAGsZincAdaptor is the
> culprit.
> If Paul is following this thread, he may perhaps comment on why that was
> done. However, right now, it sends a message that is not implemented.
> Simply removing that method from the class makes it work.

Hi Johan,

Yes, Dale found that as well. But even removing that method, and causing it
to "work", I have found it quite unstable. I cannot explain why, but it
didn't work well for me. It would hung very frequently (try raising errors
from seaside and debug them). There was also an Internal Error that causes
the kill of the gem that we suspect it was something with Zinc (because
with Swazoo I don't have that problem anymore).

But maybe it works stable for you. Which GemStone version are you using?
Mine is  3.1.0.4.

Cheers,