[Glass] tools/objectLog web tool and stack traces?

Martin McClure martin.mcclure at gemtalksystems.com
Wed Nov 27 14:19:08 PST 2013

On 11/27/2013 01:15 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> What a great idea!!!! I have just tested it and it works like a charm :)
> And yes, it is tolerable!
>
> Thanks guys, thanks james also for the Jade.

I'm glad that's working better for you. X forwarding can be fairly slow
itself, due to its being a chatty protocol with lots of network round
trips between client and server, so it's very sensitive to the latency
of the connection.

I've had good luck using NX, which is a clever proxy X server/client
pair that makes the chattiness go away. More recently, I've seen
recommendations for X2Go [1] as being based on NX but better.

Regards,

-Martin

[1] http://x2go.org/doku.php