[Glass] GS/OSX and GemTools issue

Jupiter Jones jupiter.jones at mail.com
Wed Oct 2 15:34:23 PDT 2013

Hi again,

I downloaded GemTools-1.0-beta.8.7-3101x and tried to connect to a db created through GemStone.app and it immediately threw an exception:

MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of "openDebuggerOn:" is nil

Just in case, I updated the gci and ssl libraries in GemTools to the 3.1.0.4 versions, but same issue.

The GsRuntimeError is:

a ArgumentTypeError occurred (error 2037), reason:classErrConstraintNotClass, The constraint aByteArray( ) was specified incorrectly for subclass creation.  For IdentityBags (NSCs), a constraint must be specified as a class; for all other classes, as an Array of pairs.

There's a gemnetobject log created, but not a lot of info to go on:

GemStone: Error         Fatal
Network error - text follows:
, Network partner has disconnected., GCI client disconnected
Error Category: 231169 [GemStone] Number: 4137  Arg Count: 2 Context : 20 exception : 20
Arg 1:   20
Arg 2:   20

[Info]: Logging out at 10/03/13 08:03:40 EST

This return to the main program is unexpected.

****** GemStone Abnormal Shutdown at 10/03/13 08:03:41 EST

I then noticed that the extent copied with GemStone.app is $GEMSTONE/bin/extent0.dbf as opposed to the $GEMSTONE/bin/extent0.seaside.dbf

Is this the intended behaviour? Should there be an option when creating a new db to select if you want a clean GemStone extent or a GLASS one?

Cheers,

Jupiter