[Glass] GS/OSX and GemTools issue

James Foster James.Foster at GemTalkSystems.com
Wed Oct 2 15:45:29 PDT 2013

I think you have correctly diagnosed the problem. The current design is that you create a database (with the '+' button), and then configure it after it is created. You can specify a different version and you can specify that it should be initialized with a GLASS extent. I started down the path of asking lots of questions, but the number of mouse clicks seemed excessive and since there is a way to change things I figured that you just start out with a default (basic) environment, and then make changes.

If the common case is to want a GLASS extent, then I could make that the default and let someone who wants a base extent do the one extra mouse click.

James