[Glass] Host OS crash and GemStone

BrunoBB smalltalk at adinet.com.uy
Mon Oct 28 18:46:44 PDT 2013

Hi All,

Today i was working with GemStone. Running VMware Player (with Centos Linux)
over Windows 8.

Suddenly Windows 8 crashed. All windows remained freeze. So i decided to
shut it down.

After this and inside Centos Linux again startGemStone failed to start.
I read the log and i remove all /opt/GemStone/Locks file. After this i
startGemStone worked fine and no problem so far. (It is my development
environment).

Which is the general process when somethig like this happend ?

I do not want a detailed explanation, only few indications or a link to some
document to read.

Regards,
Bruno