[Glass] Changes to terms of Free for Commercial Use license for 3.2 and beyond

Sebastian Heidbrink sebastian_heidbrink at yahoo.de
Fri Apr 25 09:33:22 PDT 2014

Hi Frank,

honestly,... to it your way. it is indeed much more hassle to use the
VM, in my opinion...
Just install a virgin Ubuntu VM somehwere and got to this site:
http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/downloads.html

download the installGemstone.sh and execute as non-root user:
chmod +x installGemstone.sh (not even sure if this is in fact still needed)
./installGemstone.sh 3.1.0.5

then:
source /opt/gemstone/product/seaside/defSeaside
startnet
startGemstone

done! you are good to go.

If you stil lwant to just try the preconfigured vm,.... you can find it
here:

  http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/jade/

But I have no idea how up-to-date it is.

Sebastian