[Glass] Develop Gemstone web server app in VW but deploy in Pharo?

Martin McClure martin.mcclure at gemtalksystems.com
Fri Apr 25 12:14:26 PDT 2014

On 04/25/2014 11:49 AM, FrankB wrote:

>> if you intent to use VW5 as your development platform, you will likely need
> to use GBS for communicating with GemStone
>
> If I get you right, this implies the information that there is a way to
> directly interface Gemstone from VW5?
> Is that correct?

No, I'm afraid you were correct originally -- we have not supported the
interface between VW5 and GemStone/S for quite a while. Dale is correct
that using VW at all requires GBS, which is not enabled in Web Edition
licenses. As Dale said, there are options, and James Foster or Norm
Green would be the folks to talk to.

Regards,

-Martin