[Glass] Cannot load Zinc in Gemstone 3.1.0.5

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Mon Aug 25 11:07:15 PDT 2014

Mariano,

I'm taking some time off today (jet lagged a bit after coming back from
ESUG and wanting to spend some quality time with my wife after the trip) ...

But I'm going to guess that you are hitting Metacello bug....

You don't say what version of GLASS you are usring, but at least for 3.2 I
found that it was necessary to use GLASS 1.0-beta.9.3

I know that GLASS 1.0-beta.9.3  was needed to be able to successfully load
the Seaside3.1 and Zinc ... as GLASS1 is needed for Zinc ....

I seem to recall that older versions of Seaside and Zinc were pretty picky
about versions and that older versions of Seaside might not work (if they
loaded correctly) with newer versions of Zinc without fiddling with the
adaptor code (and other things) ...

Johan and I were able to get the "latest version of Zinc" and Seaside3.2 to
work  in the weeks leading up ESUG and I for one have not spent time
looking at how older versions of Seaside fit with Zinc ... the API for zinc
went through some significant changes since Seaside3.0 at least that's what
I recall ...

I also recall that I gave some formulas for loading Seaisde2.0 and Zinc
earlier in the summer ... have you found those messages?

The Grease load conflicts were due to a mistake that I had made in updating
the GLASS1 configuration which I have since fixed...

Dale