[Glass] Recomendation for Installing

Dario Trussardi via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Dec 9 08:50:19 PST 2014

Ciao,

> Hi All,
>
> After some time i almost finished my web application (that connect
> GemStone/S and Orbeon Java app).
>
> Now i'm starting to work on the configurations of Metacello packages. The
> idea is to have an empty Linux VM (usually from
> http://www.thoughtpolice.co.uk/) and be able to install my application
> running a "small script" that would install:
> - GemStone/S
> - Prerequisite packages
> - My packages
>
> Is this link the lastest and the official for installation:
> https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome#open-source-development-kit-for-gemstones-64-bit-
>
> or this script still works on GemStone different versions:
>
> installGemstone.sh 3.x (from
> http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/downloads.html)

I'm ready to install new server with Gemstone environment ( i'm oriented to 3.1.0.6 version ) .

The server will installed in a remote location ( into office of my costumer )

	and in the future i thing to working into it by my office ( remote working with TODE ?  or Jade ? )

For now i load  Metacello packages with filetree support  ( Update code into Pharo and load it into Gemstone with ConfigurationsOfMyApplication )

In the server i create the opt3106 with the data by	 installGemstone.sh 3.1.0.6 	 ( this to is ready to download a new Gemstone version into opt )

I doubt if do in this way or if follow the GsDevKit  installation  ( it is all new for me ).

Anyone have considerations ?

	Thanks,

		Dario