[Glass] Recomendation for Installing

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Dec 9 09:08:20 PST 2014

Dario,

I think that basing your install on GsDevKitHome would be a good idea ...
the installGemstone.sh script is included in GsDevKitHome with a few
changes ... there are scripts for creating new stones, etc.

The idea is that you take a clone (or fork) of GsDevKitHome and then
customize the scripts on your own branch so that moving forward you can
isolate your changes from the changes I make and you can pick and choose to
take any enhancements I make. Then you have your entire installation system
under git which is a very good thing..

I suggest that you run through the installation instructions[1] to get
familiar with the system and ask questions if things don't make sense and
then decide if GsDevKitHome will make things easier for you ... if not, I'd
appreciate feedback on the things that are hard to do:)

Dale

[1]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome#development-kit-server-installation

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 8:50 AM, Dario Trussardi via Glass <