[Glass] [GLASS] Compiling methods dinamically in Gemstone / Importing Pharo 3.0 classes

James Foster via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Dec 9 09:51:03 PST 2014

On Dec 8, 2014, at 8:15 PM, AleDanos via Glass <glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> @James and @Richard Sargent Yes, it was even his idea to ask for help in the
> community.
> The "block" solution was our first try during Stage 1 but the "self" is
> lost. That is, "self" loses the "variable" in the "pseudovariable" name. It
> cannot be used in the code.

Excellent point. I hadn’t thought of that.

> I think we also tried with the "one class per object" solution (or at least
> we thought about it), but I can't recall what was the problem with it (maybe
> the problem is no longer a problem now, It's late I'll have to test it out
> in a day or two as tomorrow I have an exam.)

I’ll be interested in reading more about this approach.

I have another idea to consider. Compile the method into your SelfObject, remove it from the method dictionary, then re-add it to the method dictionary with a unique key. Then in your DNU handler do a lookup from the selector and the object and resend the message with arguments to the unique key.

James