[Glass] [GLASS] Compiling methods dinamically in Gemstone / Importing Pharo 3.0 classes

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Dec 9 07:18:23 PST 2014

That was probably me (Dale).

If you need to pass in arguments, then I'm not sure that the required
technique will work for you ... as it involves transient method
dictionaries where you associate the method with the class, but on a
non-persistent basis, so that new methods will not be committed as part of
the class ...

Whether or not this technique will work or not really depends upon how you
actually manage and invoke the methods and probably more importantly the
boundaries for sharing methods.

The transient methods have to installed and removed from the transient
method dictionary so the technique is very close to installing the methods
directly in the persistent method dictionaries ... and you have to have
some pretty well-defined boundary points for being able to switch methods
into and out of the transient method dictionaries and I'm guessing that
it's not the case for you?

Dale

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 8:15 PM, AleDanos via Glass <