[Glass] Problem while loading Bootstrap for Seaside inside Gemstone

draq88 via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Dec 10 00:13:02 PST 2014

Dale,

I was able to load Bootstrap packages with Seaside mixing the last two
commands you sent me. Don't know if it is correct but it works so far. I
just wanted to let you know the progress I did. Hope it's okay and I'm not
messing things up more haha.

Gofer new
    package: 'GsUpgrader-Core';
    url: 'http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/gsUpgrader';
    load.
  (Smalltalk at: #'GsUpgrader') upgradeGrease.

   GsDeployer
    deploy: [
      Metacello new
        baseline: 'Seaside3';
        repository: 'github://GsDevKit/Seaside31:
v3.1.3.1-gs/repository';
        get;
        lock.
      Metacello new
        configuration: 'Bootstrap';
        repository:
'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap/main';
        *onConflictUseIncoming;*
        version: #'stable';
        load ].

The one thing that is strange is that, maybe because I had code in my
project that was not compatible with gemstone's smalltalk (there were a few
differences with the Pharo version of the project that after reviewing my
tests I was able to fix so far), sometimes and I repeat I think due to
programming errors, seaside/adaptors seem to crash. I am not able to access
my app which is expected since it had errors but access to localhost:5858
(that is where I have GsSwazooAdapter listening to) is refused. Same as if
you tried to open an external URL and you don't have access. At least that's
the impression I get. Same happened to Zinc adaptor after a few F5 pushes.