[Glass] Upgrade GS 2.4 -> GS 3.1 when GLASS, Seaside etc. versions have already diverged

Pieter Nagel pieter at nagel.co.za
Tue Feb 25 04:57:49 PST 2014

On Mon, 2014-02-24 at 11:59 -0800, Dale Henrichs wrote:

>   {'ConfigurationOfGLASS'. '1.0-beta.9'. #('default').
> BootstrapRepositoryDirectory. }.
>

> That should be followed by a
>

> {'ConfigurationOfGLASS'. '1.0-beta.9.1'. #('default').
> BootstrapRepositoryDirectory. }.

Thanks very much for this pointer; it would have taken my a long time to
figure that out, if ever. I'll let you know how things go.

It seems that, at least in my case, and maybe for others in this
situration: the correct mental model I should use is not "the upgrade
process should transform the 2.4 repository into something that has the
correct versions of our dependencies loaded". Instead I should think of
it as something that gets the 2.4 repository to have the same versions
loaded as the extent0.seaside.dbf that ships with 3.X has. Since our
build procedures can load or software over extent0.seaside.dbf, they
should then work with a converted repository.

--
Pieter Nagel