[Glass] GemTools being run with default gem.conf instead of mine....

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 07:45:05 PST 2014

Hi,

Following the scripts of Norbert to create other stones, I faced another
problem. I am now able to connect to it either from topaz or from GemTools.
I am running a netldi per stone.

Problem is that when I run GemTools and I connect to my stone, GemTool
thinks I am using /opt/gemstone/product/seaside/data/system.conf .... which
is NOT the case. Of course,  echo $GEMSTONE_EXE_CONF   prints

/opt/gemstone/product/seaside/data

but my  stone was started correctly:

|                             Configuration Files

| System File: /Sites/XXX/gemstone/etc/system.conf              |

| Executable File: /Sites/XXX/gemstone/etc/gem.conf

and also

startstone[Info]: GemStone version '3.1.0.5'
startstone[Info]: Starting Stone repository monitor 'LucidiaLLC'.
startstone[Info]: GEMSTONE is: '/opt/gemstone/product'.
startstone[Info]:
    GEMSTONE_SYS_CONF=/Sites/XXX/gemstone/etc/system.conf
    GEMSTONE_EXE_CONF=/Sites/XXX/gemstone/etc/gem.conf

so.....why GemTools is using the default one? I guess it simply takes the
value of the variable  $GEMSTONE_EXE_CONF?  If this is the case, then it
means I need to use same system.conf for GemTools for all my stones??? Is
this correct?

Thanks!