[Glass] How to initialize a after startup of a system/gem ?

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Sun Jan 12 12:46:34 PST 2014

Marten,

If you are using GLASS, take a look at SystemLoginNotification. You can subscribe for a #sessionStart message to be sent to a global by subscribing with the name of a global:

  SystemLoginNotification subscribe: #MCWorkingCopy

The #sessionStart message is then sent shortly after login.

Also for dealing with session temps, I tend to favor lazy initialization when possible.  SessionTemps current is empty everytime the session is started, so it is a pretty reliable indicator...

Dale