[Glass] ZnManagingMultiThreadedServer error after backup recovery

Sebastian Heidbrink sebastian_heidbrink at yahoo.de
Wed Jan 22 11:06:39 PST 2014

Hi all!

I just tried to move my dev gemstone db to my prototype platform and
encouter errors.

My dev environment is a virtual image and the prototype is running on an
intel nuc system.
I took a  backup on the virtual system and then I loaded it into my my
prototype system.

Now, I do get the following error while sending a REST request to the
ZincServer

"a InternalError occurred (error 2083), Primitive number -1 does not
exist in the virtual machine."
it is a result of the an Error in the critical Block in
"ZnManagingMultiThreadedServer  socketStreamOn: socket" that I can't
debug due to the typical  Gemstone stack errors in the debugger.

Did anybody else encouter such issues and is it possible to
move/synchronize Gmestone installations this way anyways?

Connection the database with Jade or Gemtools is no problem at all.
Somehow I have the strange feeling that I might have an issue in my
Ubuntu installation, too.

Thanks
Sebastian