[Glass] ZnManagingMultiThreadedServer error after backup recovery

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Wed Jan 22 11:17:31 PST 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Sebastian Heidbrink <
sebastian_heidbrink at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I just tried to move my dev gemstone db to my prototype platform and
> encouter errors.
>
> My dev environment is a virtual image and the prototype is running on an
> intel nuc system.
> I took a  backup on the virtual system and then I loaded it into my my
> prototype system.

not sure I know what an 'intel nuc system' is.... what os/os version are
you running on this nuc thing:)

> Now, I do get the following error while sending a REST request to the
> ZincServer
>
> "a InternalError occurred (error 2083), Primitive number -1 does not exist
> in the virtual machine."
> it is a result of the an Error in the critical Block in
> "ZnManagingMultiThreadedServer  socketStreamOn: socket" that I can't debug
> due to the typical  Gemstone stack errors in the debugger.

The system thinks you are trying to execute primitive number -1 ... this is
very bizarre.... Since you are restoring from a backup, I am curious if
there might be subtle GemStone version difference between the system where
you produced the backup and the system where you are restoring the backup
... if the GemStone versions are not exactly the same, then that could be
the source of your problem ...

> Did anybody else encouter such issues and is it possible to
> move/synchronize Gemstone installations this way anyways?

If the GemStone versions are exactly the same, then this is a very good way
to synchronize ...

> Connection the database with Jade or Gemtools is no problem at all.
> Somehow I have the strange feeling that I might have an issue in my Ubuntu
> installation, too.

When we get this one resolved, I am interested in getting to the bottom of
the  "typical  Gemstone stack errors" issue ...