[Glass] tracking down errors that occur in FastCGI gems but not GemTools or tODE.

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 09:42:18 PST 2014

I'm using Chronos on GemStone 3.1.0.4 (upgrading to 3.1.0.5 now) and I've been getting errors in its timezone policy lookup code in my FastCGI gems.  The same code works fine when I connect with GemTools or tODE.  And if in GemTools I attempt to debug the error that the FastCGI gem put on the object log it also works fine at that time.

Restarting the FastCGI gems doesn't seem to fix the problem with any permanence. It also is only happening on the server.  On my laptop the FastCGI gems do fine.  The Chronos timezone lookup code may access the file system for the initial lookup, but I am pretty sure it has the timezone information cached in the stone after that.

What are some strategies for figuring out what the problem is?

Thanks