[Glass] Reconstruct a project from scratch with Metacello

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Wed Jun 4 07:49:35 PDT 2014

Ah yes, the SS3 gofer template bug[1] ... the script templates were an
experiment:)

SS3 was released into production as an Alpha, because SmalltalkHub was
running late and squeaksource was too unstable ... Since then, Tobias (the
author of SS3) and I (operator of the web-site) have not been able to get
our schedules to coincide so that we can spend the week or two working out
the scripts for upgrading the alpha with the bugfixes from Tobias - we
originally intended to toss the apha version and Tobias made some pretty
significant improvements rewriting chunks of the system while the alpha
hung in limbo...

other than a few annoying bugs, the alpha ss3 is pretty doggone stable ..

At the end of the day, I've been putting my effort into tODE and support
for git, because I think that git/github offers a superior  experience for
collaborative development ...

Dale

[1]
https://code.google.com/p/squeaksource3/issues/detail?id=90&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Version%20Milestone%20Owner%20Verified%20Summary