[Glass] Metacello ... is there something easy with it ?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 06:23:50 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 10:12 AM, itlists at schrievkrom.de <
itlists at schrievkrom.de> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> now entering the field of Metacello it seems, that somehow it's getting
> into a dark side of Smalltalk - and I am used to ENVY for more than 10
> years !

Hi Marten,

Not sure if dark, but complex yeah. For me, managing, versioning, and
releasing software, dependencies resolution, multi Smalltalk environment,
 etc, has always been a complex area. I think no matter which tool, I
usually find this complex.

> I just would like to build a configuration saying. I'm a configuration
> for X (version 1) and I need a prerequisites of B (version 1) and C
> (version 2).
>
> Do I really have to read 47 pages of documentation to realize this
> simple wish ??????????? I do not ask for GUI support (though it would be
> nice).

Now you have documentation and complain?  Ohh boy, I guess you are used to
have so much documentation. Lucky guy.
Now seriously, I would read it if I were you.

It does have some GUI support, but in Pharo. Check Versionner project.

Best,