[Glass] Question about mapping my DBs to separate extents

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Fri Jun 27 15:28:10 PDT 2014

Mariano,

I don't think that multiple extents is quite what you are looking for ...
extents do not partition user data then simply allow you to map your data
base across multiple spindles and/or make it possible to bring up multiple
aio pageservers to keep up with the creation of dirty pages in the SPC ...

If you want to share large amounts of data between reach user stone, then I
think you might consider using multiple gemstone users in a single stone
... you can arrange to isolate the data that should not be accessible to
other users and you can arrange that the shared data can be seen and shared
by all of the users ... the code itself can also be managed in the same way

I don't know of any really efficient ways of sharing huge object graphs
between stones I think that solutions can be built from a number of
different angles, ...

Why are you finding the need to move this data ... are you moving a user
account from one stone to another or is it more along the lines of creating
a new stone to manage the size of the repository?

If you are doing a transplant, you might consider copying an extent and
then pruning out all of the data that you don't want moved and leave only
the data that you want to keep ... this technique doesn't allow for updates
of existing structure or merging one structure with another structure in a
single stone ...

Dale