[Glass] Problem with UncontinuableError

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 15:01:20 PDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Dale Henrichs <
dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> What message are you sending to trigger the exception

I have seen this in errors I explicitly send this way:  Error signal: 'blah
blah'
Or in things like a zero divide.

and what does the stack look like?

What I have reproducible now is a zero divide now. The code looks something
like:

[
           self somethingThatTriggersAZeroDivide.

]
on: Error
do: [ :err |  | errString |
[  stream notNil ifTrue: [ stream nextPutAll: err printString; crlf ] ]
on: Error
do: [ :er2 | self halt ].
 errString := err printString.
obs do: [ :observer | observer erredAction: action on: port with: errString
].

stream notNil
ifTrue: [ stream close ].
^ port ].

so when I get the printString inside the closure...the exception I am
getting is a:  a UncontinuableError occurred (error 6011), Execution cannot
be continued, 'Exception has already been signaled'

However, if I run from a workspace:

[ 0 / 0 ] on: Error do: [:ex | ex inspect]

it works correct, I do get the ZeroDivide....

any idea?

Thanks,

Dale