[Glass] Getting started with REST

Johan Brichau johan at yesplan.be
Thu Mar 20 00:44:10 PDT 2014

Hi Thierry,

Both Seaside-REST and Zinc-REST are viable options. We have a Seaside-REST service (using Seaside 3.0.10) running in production and I have been playing with Zinc-REST services in development too.
I think it depends on what you feel most comfortable with.

Seaside-REST doc: [3]
Zinc-REST doc: [4]

For the latest Seaside 3.1 port, see [1]. This one is entirely in sync with the Pharo/Squeak base version.
For the latest working Zinc port, see [2]. This one corresponds to version 2.3.2 of Zinc on Pharo.

I have been working on updating the Zinc port to the latest version [5] but got a bit entrenched because more recent versions have changes to the encoding implementation, which is a part where many subtle differences can be found between Pharo and Gemstone. So, for now the Zinc port on Gemstone is lagging behind the Pharo version.

In both cases, I am interested to get feedback on problems so I can improve the ported implementations.

regards
Johan

[1] https://github.com/glassdb/Seaside31/tree/gemstone3.1
[2] https://github.com/glassdb/zinc/tree/gemstone3.1