[Glass] Compiler interface ...

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Nov 12 04:39:41 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 9:27 AM, itlists at schrievkrom.de via Glass <

> I would like to do the following:
>
> [ :a :b :c | a + b + c ]
>

> How can I compile a string like "[ :a :b :c | a + b + c ]" in Gemstone
> as a compiled method and store it in the database.

'[ :a :b :c | a + b + c ]' evaluate

That would give you a ExecBlock (closure), but not a CompiledMethod. But I
don't understand why would you want a CompiledMethod rather than a
closure...

> I would like to make sure, that the block closure is closed (only block
> arguments are references).

I have been wondering this as well. For Fuel development, in Pharo, we
added #isClean, which checked exactly what you said. I am not fully sure in
GemStone. I found #isSimple but I am not sure.

> A hint, where I could look at ?

I would check in ExecBlock hierarchy.