[Glass] Gemstone/S 3.2 and Zinc ...

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Nov 17 13:58:02 PST 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:05 PM, itlists at schrievkrom.de via Glass <

> Ok, just the messsage I see here when exeuting the following two
> statements:
>
> doit
> Gofer new
>   package: 'GsUpgrader-Core';
>   url: 'http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/gsUpgrader';
>   load.
> (Smalltalk at: #GsUpgrader) upgradeGrease.
> %
> doit
> GsDeployer deploy: [
>   Metacello new
>     baseline: 'ZincHTTPComponents';
>     repository: 'github://GsDevKit/zinc:gs_master/repository';
>     onLock: [:ex | ex honor ];
>     load: 'Tests' ].
> %
>
> The first warning I get is (seems to be from the first statement):
>
> Warning: This package depends on the following classes:
>   ExecutableBlock
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load
> these defintions: ExecutableBlock>>valueSupplyingMetacelloAnswers:

This is a Warning telling you that an extension method for ExcutableBlock
will not be loaded, because the class ExecutableBlock is not present. The
Warning is being signalled because the class ExecutableBlock is not present
in GemStone3.x ... Presumably this Warning is being signalled during the
#upgradeGrease phase. The #upgradeGrease method includes an upgrade of
Metacello and this particular method is part of a Metacello package ...  at
the end of the day, the Warning is coming during the load of an older
version of a package package and by the time the latest version of
Metacello is loaded, the method is loaded into the proper class
BlockClosure>>valueSupplyingMetacelloAnswers:.

> Later when loading the Zinc components I get messages just before
> of the following packages that have unsaved changed .... Bootstrap

This is also a normal message during load, coming about when methods are
moved from one package to another ... by the time the system is finished

> And later on a similar message when loading: OB-Tools.v3-dkh.140 and the
> package is "OB-Standard".
>
> And later also for package "OB-Tools"
>

> Marten
>
> That has nothing to do with the Zinc-REST conflicht I know - just wanted
> to notify these messages from today.

It's always a good idea to keep an eye on the Warning messages ... the ones
you have mentioned are "normal", but especially when dealing with load
errors it is always a good idea to mention the Warnings in case something
critical goes missing ...