[Glass] [GemStone-Smalltalk] GemStone/S 64 Bit 3.2.3 Release

James Foster via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Nov 24 09:19:18 PST 2014

On Nov 24, 2014, at 1:55 AM, itlists at schrievkrom.de via Glass <glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> Am 24.11.2014 um 01:17 schrieb James Foster:
>> Marten,
>>
>> I’ve updated Jade to address a problem with 2.4.4.1, but I don’t think it would deal with the problem you describe. Are you still having this problem? If so, then I’d suggest that you verify that the connection works using Topaz and then we can try to debug things from there.
>>

> No, I send you some stuff about it. There are two problems with the
> newer version:
>
> Some of my problems are related to
>
> JadeDefaultConnection.gss
>
> a file Jade creates on exit. The newer versions write very strange stuff
> to that file and mix everything up.

I believe that it properly writes out everything in the login window (including the Advanced tab). What information is in the Advanced tab? What does it write out that is mixed up?

> The other problem is that the new versions of Jade do not consider all
> inputs done in the GUI (changing the Gemstone version e.g.).

The ability to change the GemStone version is dependent on the DLL properly unloading itself. I’ve been able to switch from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3 without error but if I try to switch from 2.3.0 to 3.2.3 then it fails. If there are changes to other fields that are not being recognized, then we need to investigate that further. I’m able to demonstrate that a wrong password is correctly recognized as wrong and when it is fixed then the login succeeds. Are there any fields other than the version for which changes are not being recognized?