[Glass] Awfully slow GRUtf8CodecStream

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 15 11:27:46 PDT 2014

Mariano,

It looks like you've hit a known problem[1] and I just  haven't gotten
around to installing the bugfix in Grease... There is a useful discussion
about this in the Seaside31 issue #21[2] and for 3.2.2 we added a
primitive, but I have yet to add the primitive call to the Grease base[3].

The patches are in Smalltalk, so if you'd apply the patches and let me know
if they address your issue or not that'd be great.

I'm in the final throes of fixing a whole a pile of Metacello bugs[4], but
I should be able to get around to the Grease patch in a couple of days if
you want to wait ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/Grease/issues/2
[2] https://github.com/GsDevKit/Seaside31/issues/21
[3] https://github.com/glassdb/glass/issues/27
[4]
https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/milestones/1.0.0-beta.32.16

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass <