[Glass] Metacello support

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Oct 27 11:38:05 PDT 2014

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 4:07 AM, Dario Trussardi via Glass <

> Ciao,
>
> I'm trying to configure Monticello FileTree-based repository for share
> package into :
>   Pharo 1 4  and  GemTools Launcher - >=1.0-beta.8.7
> [ConfigurationOfGemTools]
>
>  A) In Pharo ( run on macbook ) i create monticello filetree repository
> on specific local directory  and all work fine.
>
> ( A this point i can not configured a directory on another system into
> local network  ).
>
>  B) In GemTools ( run on mac but,  with a glass session open on a
> gemstone run on another pc )
>
> when with Monticello  add a new filetree repository the system prompt a
> dialog with;
>
> " Enter full path to directory on server "
>
>  Questions:
>
> How i can configured and share the directory on the Mac or in another
> system in a local network?
>  Or i need to define a specific directory on the gemstone server,
>
> and update it  with ftp transfer data from the mac filetree repository?
>
> ( but this required a ftp update at any change  )
>  Thanks for any consideration,

I'm not familiar with the sharing setup for macs ... but any convenient
file sharing can be used ... I personally prefer to use git to manage the
contents of my FileTree directories and it is possible to pull and push
between git repositories as well.

I've shared git repos on linux, but I haven't done this on mac ... I think
there are open source git servers available and we use one internally, but
it is also possible to set up one of the git repos itself as the master and
then pull and push from the other one ... the one caveat for using git this
way is that it isn't conventinet to be working on the same branch in both
repos ...

If you are not working on Pharo and GemStone at same time, you can simply
rsynch the git directories back and forth between Pharo and GemStone

Another possibility is to use bitbucket ... bitbucket provides free private
repositories and then you can use bitbucket as your git repository server
for your project ...