[Glass] Metacello support

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Oct 27 12:38:44 PDT 2014

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Dario Trussardi via Glass <

> Ciao,
>
> Ciao
>
> Ciao,
>
> I'm trying to configure Monticello FileTree-based repository for share
> package into :
>   Pharo 1 4  and  GemTools Launcher - >=1.0-beta.8.7
> [ConfigurationOfGemTools]
>
>  A) In Pharo ( run on macbook ) i create monticello filetree repository
> on specific local directory  and all work fine.
>
> ( A this point i can not configured a directory on another system into
> local network  ).
>

> I have configured Samba on my server ubuntu.
>
> The directory on the server is now configurable on Pharo filetree
> repository.
>

>  B) In GemTools ( run on mac but,  with a glass session open on a
> gemstone run on another pc )
>
> when with Monticello  add a new filetree repository the system prompt a
> dialog with;
>
> " Enter full path to directory on server "
>

> I do some test but i can not configurable the filetree repository with
> Gemtools Monticello.
>
> I need do to it with some specific command?
>

> If in the relative server, where gemstone instance run,  the system found
> the directory defined in the
>
> " Enter full path to directory on server "
>
> all work fine ( the system create the the specific filetree repository
> entry ) and i can see the package item on it.
>
>  When i work on package istance from Gemtools Monticello ( browse or
>  load command )  the system erase the error:
>
> a ArgumentError occurred (error 2718), string contents are ill-formed Utf8
> at byte offset 38, - G/S[MonvisoGruppi3104 IP100 *******:3]
>
> The relative stack is:
>

> AbstractException >> _signalFromPrimitive: (envId 0)
>
> String >> decodeFromUTF8 (envId 0)
>
> [] in  MCFileTreeStCypressReader >>
> addMethodDefinitionsForClass:methodProperties:in: (envId 0)
>
> [] in  FileDirectory >> readOnlyFileNamed:do: (envId 0)
>
> ExecBlock >> ensure: (envId 0)
>
> FileDirectory >> readOnlyFileNamed:do: (envId 0)
>
> DirectoryEntry >> readStreamDo: (envId 0)
>
> [] in  MCFileTreeStCypressReader >>
> addMethodDefinitionsForClass:methodProperties:in: (envId 0)
>
> Collection >> do: (envId 0)
>
> [] in  MCFileTreeStCypressReader >>
> addMethodDefinitionsForClass:methodProperties:in: (envId 0)
>
> Collection >> do: (envId 0)
>
> MCFileTreeStCypressReader >>
> addMethodDefinitionsForClass:methodProperties:in: (envId 0)
>
> MCFileTreeStCypressReader >> addClassAndMethodDefinitionsFromEntry: (envId
> 0)
>
> [] in  MCFileTreeStCypressReader >>
> addClassAndMethodDefinitionsFromDirectory: (envId 0)
>
> Collection >> do: (envId 0)
>
> MCFileTreeStCypressReader >> addClassAndMethodDefinitionsFromDirectory:
> (envId 0)
>
> MCFileTreeStCypressReader >> loadDefinitions (envId 0)
>
> MCVersionReader >> definitions (envId 0)
>
> MCVersionReader >> snapshot (envId 0)
>
> MCFileTreeAbstractReader >> basicVersion (envId 0)

> [...]

Okay ... this bug rings a bell and I think it is likely to be related to
the version of FileTree that is loaded (I recall there being some utf8
encoding issues in the past but I don't quite recall the details ..) and I
see that you have a follow-on email with Filetree version information in it
so I'll respond to that email with more information...