[Glass] Garbage Collection of indexes

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 29 06:31:30 PDT 2014

Hi folks,

The GemStone Programming Guide says about indexes:

"After creating indexes on a collection, be sure to remove these indexes
before dereferencing the collection. Otherwise, the index will remain and
prevent the collection and indexing structures from being garbage
collected."

Is this still being true? Or latest GemStone do this automatically?

Also.... say I have 'collection1' which is a RcIdentityBug with the "old"
list of my objects. And now I have 'collection2' which is another
RcIdentityBad with the "new" list. Is there an automatic way to get the
indexes from 'collection1' and apply them to 'collection2'?

Thanks in advance,