[Glass] tODE

itlists@schrievkrom.de via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Sep 8 13:05:21 PDT 2014

Am 08.09.2014 um 20:37 schrieb Dale Henrichs:

> Soooo, I think that at the end of the day libpam needs to be installed
> on your system along with possibly other libraries ... I am getting a
> clean 12.04 Ubuntu vm built that I can update the install scripts to
> install the necessary 32 bit and 64 bit libraries for GemStone ...

Ouch, that's a pretty bad base ... we had VASmalltalk servers already
running under 12.04LTS and we had to use the 32bit subsystem - our
administrators were not that happy to install the 32bit subsystem but
instead wished, that the developers (we) move towards 64bit apps. Bok,
that can be changed.

But I assume, that I do not need to install tOde under Linux - but use
it from a Windows clients. Therefore perhaps the script should be
divided into two parts:

* installation of gemstone
* (optional) installation of tODE.

Marten