[Glass] [ANN] GsUpgrader

Jon Paynter via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Sep 22 10:50:07 PDT 2014

Dale,
Glad to hear you found the problem.

i suspect what im seeing is different.  initially I was getting an error
when running #upgradeGLASS1, so based on Johan's report of out of memory, I
ran the various parts individually, with a commit and logout in between.

#upgradeGrease --> no problems
  it also ran #upgradeMetacello with no problems.

But when I run #upgradeGLASS1, I get this:
--transcript--'Loading baseline of BaselineOfGrease...'
--transcript--'Project: System-Digital-Signatures stable'
--transcript--' [0.243]'
--transcript--'Project: SMTPMail stable'
--transcript--'Project: UTF8 stable'
--transcript--'...finished baseline'
--transcript--'No instance migrations performed.'
ERROR 2003 , a OffsetError occurred (error 2003),
reason:objErrBadOffsetIncomplete, max:0 actual:1 (OffsetError)
topaz 1>

As per your suggestion, I logged out of topaz and re-ran, But I get the
same error.
This is running on the default gemstone configurations, so
GEM_TEMPOBJ_CACHE_SIZE=50000KB, and the VM has 1GB of memory.

If there are any other logs you would like to see, let me know.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Dale Henrichs via Glass <