[Glass] Ubuntu 14.04.1 installation

itlists@schrievkrom.de via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Sep 24 12:33:56 PDT 2014

Ok, had to create a new thread:

-> complete new setup from downloaded DVD 14.04.1 from Ubuntu

	User "glass", password "glass"
	1 CPU, 4GB of RAM
	No additional packages selected before installation

// the first two packages are needed for my projects
sudo apt-get install mono-complete
sudo apt-get install libzmq-dev

sudo apt-get install git
sudo apt-get install unzip

sudo apt-get update -qq
sudo apt-get -y install libpam0g:i386
sudo ln -s /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpam.so.0 /lib/libpam.so.0
sudo apt-get install -qq gcc-multilib libcurl3:i386 libstdc++6:i386
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so

cd
git clone https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome.git
cd gsDevKitHome
git checkout -b  glass
export GS_HOME=`pwd`
export PATH=$GS_HOME/bin:$PATH
installServer devKit 3.1.0.6

This works without any problems - and the Gemstone server is running.
That is amazing !

I was not able to connect via Jade to it, but that might be another problem.

I was able to stop the database and restart the database - no problems.

Then I stopped the database and shutdown the virtual machine. Then I
started the virtual machine again and I was not able to start the
database again.

Marten

--
Marten Feldtmann