[Glass] gsApplicationTools global environment variables

Sebastian Heidbrink via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Apr 17 08:30:22 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I am using gsApplicationTools to maintain my maintenance and ZincRest gems.

For testing purposes I setup a second stone and its gemServers would not
start.
It took me a while to realize that during the first install of gsDevKit
some environment variables for logging, the extend and such seem to be
global.
This results in weird situations where e.g. the logs reference the wrong
extend and log files path in the headers, the gem server start scripts
call into the wrong stone and such...

I wasn't able to find any issue reports on that on github, and wonder if
somebody else had these issues, too or if that is meanwhile already fixed.

Thanks
Sebastian