[Glass] How to remote debug exceptions caused by seaside rendering?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Apr 24 09:40:56 PDT 2015

Mariano,

Debugging the ajax calls is a bit problematic because the ajax response
is in XML and arbitrary xml (which is what is done for the html
debugger) is not an acceptable response ...

Anyway ... I would like to see more of the error stack specifically the
first couple of frames of the process.

When the debugger is being opened on an error continuation, we basically
`execute` the continuation using #debug as the value. The error handling
code inserts code that opens a debugger when the value is #debug and
voila the debugger is opened.

In your particular case it LOOKS like the continuation was put into the
object log without the special debug code and the error you are getting
is the result of `executing` the continuation without the benefit of the
proper session handlers wrapped around...

BUT, I need to see the full stack or at the least the bottom of the
stack to confirm ...

Finally, could you point me to the code where the ajax handler resides?
It's been a while since I've been in that part of the code and frankly I
recall that there was a problem with error handling for ajax, but I
don't  recall actually doing anything about it ... so a pointer will
help ... if I don't find what I think I am looking for:)

Dale