[Glass] (Not Yet) Getting Started With GLASS

Sean P. DeNigris via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Aug 4 14:46:57 PDT 2015

Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> fell over...

Oh, I also should mention that:
- I didn't understand "Custom Extent Creation" at all; is there a more basic
reference maybe that explains these terms (I read many of the blog and other
links from the website)? The GLASS instructions seem to assume a basic
understanding of GemStone.
-  and naively clicking on Glass in the GemTools Launcher gave:

  "Error: Unable to create a GemStone session.
NetLDI service '50377' not found on node 'glass' port 50377 :
getaddrinfo failed, EAI error 8, nodename nor servname provided, or not
known, getaddrinfo failed, EAI error 8, nodename nor servname provided, or
not known,  For further information about login failures, check the gem log
file"

-----
Cheers,
Sean